I am not a cricket expert and so these predictions are only meant to be taken as predictions. Now, it will be more fun seeing these matches unfold!
1st Quarter Final – Pakistan v West Indies – Pakistan will win
– Misbah is very likely to play an important innings. He will be the anchor of Pakistan’s batting.
– Afridi is likely to take a couple of wickets.
– Hafeez will break a crucial partnership.
– From West Indies, Bishoo will trouble Pakistan.
2nd Quarter Final – India v Australia – India will win
– Sehwag will get out in the first 10 overs.
– Tendulkar will get a good start but get out before he gets to a half-century.
– Gambhir is likely to rescue India with Yuvraj on the other side.
– Ponting will continue his disappointing form while Michael Clark and Cameron White will impress with the bat.
– Mitchell Johnson will pick some important wickets.
3rd Quarter Final – New Zealand v South Africa – South Africa will win
– Amla will play a big innings.
– De Villiers and Kallis are going to set up a good partnership.
– Imran Tahir will be the key wicket taker for South Africa.
– New Zeland will fail to match up to SA’s potential.
– A good late knock from Oram will go to waste.
4th Quarter Final – Sri Lanka v England – England will win
– This will be a close match.
– Sri Lanka will start off really nicely but end up losing some important wickets in the middle.
– Tredwell will do well with the ball but it will mainly be England’s batting which will tilt the match in their favor.
– Trott and Bell will put on a match winning partnership.
– Kulasekara and Murli will both do well from the Sri Lankan side to contain the flow of runs and pick wickets.
1st Semi Final – England v South Africa – South Africa will win
– Smith the skipper will lead the batting and make sure they don’t choke AGAIN.
– Amla, Duminy, and De Villiers will play some decent knocks.
– Strauss will open the innings in style, but no one on the other side will be able to support him.
– Bopara will get a few runs but Trott’s consistency will no longer last in this match.
– Kallis, Peterson and Tahir from South Africa will down England with their amazing bowling spells.
2nd Semi Final – Pakistan v India – India will win
– Pakistan has never won a match against India in the World Cup. Things are unlikely to change.
– Pakistan will put up a decent total with Younus Khan, Umar Akmal and Razzak all chipping in.
– Sehwag will be aggressive and effective in the first two power plays.
– Dhoni and Pathan will chip in some quick runs.
– Akhter’s last match won’t be one to be remembered.
– Umar Gul will do well for Pakistan with the ball.
– Bhajji will pick some important Pakistani wickets.
Final – South Africa v India – South Africa will win the 2011 world cup!
– Both sides will bat well and the contest will hang on the bowling efforts by the two teams.
– India will not be able to set up a huge total due to some good bowling by Kallis and Tahir.
– All of South Africa’s batsman will chip in with runs in the double figures while De Villiers is expected to put up a big score.
– Sehwag will give India a good start but South Africa will make a comeback with the bowling.
– Dhoni will hit a few good shots but by then it will be too little too late.